Hydrotherapy is rehabilitation in water. The natural buoyancy of the water takes strain off the joints and gives animals confidence to move their limbs in a full range of motion.
Hydrotherapy is beneficial for animals with the following conditions:
- Post orthopedic surgery
- Post spinal surgery
- Chronic Arthritis
- Non-operable orthopedic conditions (conditions in which surgery may be avoided or delayed, such as Spinal Disease, early partial Cruciate Ligament rupture, hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia)
- Post amputation
- Muscle wasting
- Geriatric animals
- Canine athletes
What are the advantages of hydrotherapy?
- Reduced strain on joints
- Reduced pain, swelling and stiffness
- Improved range of movement of joints
- Improved circulation
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Improved tissue healing
- Increased speed of recovery
- Weight loss
Please contact us for more information or to book an appointment.